A driver reported backing his Ford pickup into a fire hydrant in a commercial warehouse area with a large paved parking lot. The resulting damage and expenses included:
– Fire hydrant replacement, including cost of installation
– Damage to the parking lot caused by the sinkhole created by water escaping from the damaged hydrant. Did you know that a six inch water main connected to a fire hydrant can flow between 1000 and 1500 gallons of water per minute?!?
– Bill for hundreds of thousands of gallons of water.
– Creation of a large lake in the remaining parking lot, requiring special handling, pumping, and resulting in possible additional damage to structures.
– Cost of business interruption due to lack of access to parking lot until repairs are made.
– Extra security to block off damaged area to prevent other accidents.
ARE YOUR CURRENT INSURANCE LIMITS ENOUGH?
Accidents can cause a domino effect, resulting in unanticipated damages and expenses. Without adequate liability coverage, you could be putting your assets and future earnings at risk. An Umbrella Policy is an inexpensive option to better protect you from worst-case scenarios like the one above. The average personal umbrella policy costs less than a video rental or latte per week! Call my office for a FREE coverage checkup today! (805)781-6337 or toll free (877) 364-5380.